Saturday, May 25, 2013

Interview with Rhyme Scheme about Hip Hop, The All Black Album and More!




Boom Bap Universe recently caught up with rising indie Hip Hop recording artist Rhyme Scheme for a one on one interview about the current state of Hip Hop, his forthcoming ALL BLACK album, working with KZR Beats and more!  Read all about what he had to say.....


Rhyme Scheme, how are you feeling?
I'm feeling blessed. I'm happy to be here. Thank you for this interview.
 
 
 
Could you tell the readers a little about yourself right now?
I am a new indie artist making positive music with a worldwide sound.  I am working to get my music to the next level.  I speak 5 languages and have a PHD in Political Science.  Music is an avenue for me to convey my message.
 
 
 
How do you feel about hip-hop right now?
Hip-hop is evolving right now.  Artist such as Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Talib Kweli, and Nas are keeping hip-hop authentic. There is a lot of new talent who make the industry very interesting.
 
 
 
If you could change anything about Hip Hop right now, what would it be?
I would like rappers to speak about something more real than the TV screen. We need to break the cycle of glorifying violence and drug use.  Talented artist can rap about anything beside the latest trends.
 
 
Who were some of your favorite emcees growing up?
KRS-One, Nas, Ice Cube, Tupac, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, and Biggie.
 
 
 
Who are some of your favorite emcees right now?
Nas, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Jon Connors, and Talib Kweli.
 
 
 
Who is doper, DJ. Premier or Pete Rock?
They both are dope but I like DJ. Premier better.
 
 
Who are some of your favorite Boom Bap Beat makers?
DJ. Premier
 
 
KZR Beatz produced your latest single "Four Letters", what other records do you have
produced by KZR Beatz?
I have several records with KZR Beatz. "Ready for Action", "Internal War", "Summer Time", and "Can't Stop".
 
 
How would you describe KZR Beatz sound?
He has a very unique sound.  It's a soulful/Hip hop sound from the 90's.
 
 
What other beat makers are you working with right now?
I'm working with Nabeyin from California and TMZ from Detroit.  They both have dope sounds.
 
 
What can listeners expect to hear on your forthcoming LP titled All Black?
All Black will give listeners a taste of real hip-hop.  I will express my raw emotions and thought patterns. 
 
 
Is there anything else you would like to mention to our readers?
Make sure you check my previous mixtape Revolutionary Warfare
 
 
Check out Rhyme Scheme's Official Blog at http://www.rhymeschemeblog.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment